The Fight for $15 campaign is expanding to Reno!
Are you ready to work for Nevada’s largest progressive organization to fight for economic justice with Northern Nevada’s low wage workers? Click here to apply today. Interviews for this position start November 10, 2014.
Full job details are listed below. You can also email your resume with cover letter to Christal Padilla, Field Staff Director, at email@example.com
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conducting broad and intensive outreach efforts to low-wage workers.
• Building one-on-one relationships with workers.
• Identifying and developing leaders to guide and lead campaigns.
• Conducting individual/group meetings with workers to discuss and plan organizing campaigns.
• Motivating individual workers and groups of workers to take action.
• Engaging workers in broader union efforts to bring pressure to bear on industry sectors.
• Coordinating with workers to gather information that is useful in identifying opportunities for growth and mobilization.
• Working to involve community allies in organizing campaigns.
• Other duties as assigned
• Willingness to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
• Capacity to work independently and with a team.
• The ability to make and follow through on a work plan.
• Sharp communications skills.
• Basic writing and computer skills.
• The ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Willingness to conduct house visits and site visits.
• Previous experience in union or community organizing is desirable.
• A demonstrated commitment to social justice is required.
• Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
• A car, a valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance are required.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary ranges $31,000-$36,000 and based on experience
Benefits package including health insurance, paid vacation, and sick days.
This position will require some travel